Saturday, May 29, 2010

Busy bees we are

This is officially the beginning of festival season. Cam has been gone since Wednesday, and comes home on Monday. He has been to a festival this year already, but it was when I was in San Francisco, so I didn't have to really deal with it. I hate festival season, and I will tell that to anyone that will listen. Sitting at home with the baby just waiting for Cam to get home every night, and he just doesn't come. Not fun times. Especially today.
I started giving RJ 2 ounces of whole milk in his bottle of formula on Wednesday. I started with just a little bit to get him used to it, and also Cam is lactose intolerant, so I was/am worried about that with RJ. And I was right to be worried. Once we started the milk he started spitting up; which he hasn't done in months. Then last night he straight threw up, a lot. Didn't want his dinner or snacks. Today, he threw up again and also had runny poopy. Which he did when he was taking a nap in the crib, and it leaked out, got all over the blankets, all over him and all over the crib. EW. So we are done with milk since last night. If he doesn't stop puking and having icky poop, his doctor will be called.
To top all that off, my tummy doesn't feel well either. I feel like if I throw up, I'll feel so much better, but I can't really make myself puke; I could never be bulemic. AND, while I was putting all the poopy things in the washer, the lid fell on my head. hah

Okay. Onto better, wonderful things! We have been very busy this week!! On Monday, we had a complete worldwide catastrophe. RJ's chair broke. He can't go to sleep without being rocked, for his naps at least. Totally horrible. So we had to go to Toys R Us and get a new one. This one will be better anyway, it holds up to 40 pounds, turns into a toddler chair and rocker. Best part about it? It has a frog on it. :)
It is a little difficult to rock the way that we rocked the old one: with our feet. But it's doable. Catastrophe avoided.
Tuesday we went to my friend Stacys for a playdate. I got SO lost on the way there it isn't funny!! She has 4 kids in total; 12 year old boy *possibly older, i don't remember), 9 year old girl, 2 year old boy, 16 month old girl. The playdate was with the little ones, and her friend and her son who is almost 2 I think. RJ had fun, which is great! I want him to get more socialized with kids and whatnot. He went in the grass for the first time EVER.

Thursday, we had a playdate with some girls from the nest at Busy Bodies. I met Shelly, Shannon and Elyse. And of course thier wonderful kids! They have open studio for an hour, and the kids just get to play in the tunnels, houses, sea saw things, with balls, slides, etc. Ryder was only interested in the balls. We then all went out for lunch at Sonic. After this, we went and did a little shopping for blackout curtains, a project I'm still working on.

Now, onto Friday! RJ's first trip to the zoo!!!
We met up with Stacy, her mom and the kids at 9. We figured the earlier, the better because of the heat!! We walked around almost the whole zoo, we skipped one loop with the elephants because we made the mistake of sitting down to eat lunch.
RJ with the giraffes
There's a vulture back there!
Sleepy lion...
Tiger hanging out in the shade
Stinky rhinos, up close and personal
 These little cuties were fighting, so the rhinos they live with had to break it up
The only meerkat not digging...

And of course some flowers....

Flamingoooooooooooooos, and not of the plastic kind

And now I will leave you with the image of the beautiful angel boy of mine, just hours before he started getting sick. At the moment, he is passed out on my lap, which he hasn't done sine he was 3 months old. And he wasn't even getting rocked, he just flat passed out. Poor baby!

***Take the Stars***