Wednesday, May 26, 2010

With a tidbit here, and a tidbit there, here a tidbit there a tidbit everywhere a tidbit

I have decided that I am just the worst blogger ever. Maybe when things calm down with Ryder, I'll be better.

So, something I want to talk about is Bountiful Baskets. It's a wonderful organization!!! Every week on Tuesday/Wednesday we order a basket. The basket has 6-8 different veggies and 6-8 different fruits. Over a pound of each usually! For, get this, $15!!! On Saturday morning my wonderful friend Taylor goes and picks up our basket for us (and hers of course), then I go pick it up from her later in the day. I have been loving this experience. We usually aren't huge veggie eaters, so now that we get the basket, we are forced to eat healthier. We are forced to open up our horizons, and I am forced to cook new and exciting things.

For example, last night I made cabbage rolls. I hate cabbage. Maybe, loathe is a better word. That being said, I ate four of these rolls!! We have also had homemade butternut squash ravioli with brown sage sauce, squash and corn salad, stuffed tomatoes, grilled romaine, etc.

Also, with the fruit we have had peach cobbler and apple banana bread. Ah-Maze-Ing!

We have also implemented Fish Mondays. We have had salmon, swordfish and soft shell crab! I know these sound like expensive fishes, but let me tell you, it's worth it. We are spending the same amount of money on groceries as before, even saving some. These baskets are beyond cheap when you think about it. Fifteen bucks for a whole lot of produce, that if you bought it at the store it would be about $30 - $40 depeneding where you shop! Thus, we save around $20 on that alone, so when we buy fish, we buy fresh wonderful fish that does cost a little more.



Onto other things in life. My little boy is WALKING. Straight up walking everywhere, and starting to run. Crawling is only for the sleepy. We are also starting him on whole milk! He is growing up way too fast.
We had a birthday party for him on the 15th of May, so daddy could have one with his little boy. We had a lot of fun with our friends and family!
 The Happy Family
The Three Musketeers!
He of course had cake. Banana cake, with banana frosting, banana pudding filling and an extra layer of banana inside!! He LOVES bananas!
He didn't get as messy as expected, daddy was happy about that


In other news, we had our first date night!! The wonderful Christy came and picked him up Friday afternoon and kept him until Saturday afternoon! AMAZING!
So Cam and I went to dinner at Jaspers. It was good, expensive, but good. Not the best food I've ever had, but the appetizers were amazing. As was the mango margarita!! Here's a picture of me all dolled up (for the first time in a long time) and my new hair! 


And one last tidbit. I made my first fondant cake!! It was a silver white cake covered in fondant. The first layer of fondant was perfect. No cracks, no bumps, no seams, nothing. The decorations on the other had, weren't that great. They could have been, but I was in a hurry. I will be practicing more soon. :)
As you can see, the decorations are a little rough. Not my best work, but good enough. AND the fondant was made from scratch. :)


I do beleive that this post is long enough already. I will make an effort to be a better blogger. There are also two pages on this blog so far. One is the 5000 questions survey, where you can find out random tidbits of information about me, I'm only on question 300 though. The other page is my 101 in 1001 list. Which, by the way, I have also been neglecting!!

Ta Ta for now!

***Take the Stars***