Thursday, June 3, 2010

On the 12th day of Ryder....

my true love gave to me...Ryder!

Ryder was already late; depending on what due date he was between a week to a day late. Ryder told grandma, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!!" I was to be induced on the 17th of June.
As I mentioned, the day before we spent at Camerons brothers birthday party; sitting around the pool, just hanging out. I felt totally fine, just HUGE! *See picture in previous post* His parents were in town for the weekend, but they left Sunday morning.
On Sunday June 14th, 2009, I woke up with, what I thought was, cramps all morning. I finally got out of bed at 3 a.m. I came out to the living room and watched TV. Cameron woke up for a bathroom break around 7, and I said, "I think we're having a baby today." He went back to bed. I continued to have "cramps" all day. Finally at 2 in the afternoon I called the nurse, and she told me to come in to get checked. So I had a little something to eat, packed up the car, and off we went. We arrived at the hospital, they checked me out, and the nurse said exactly this: "You're 4 cm. dilated, you aren't going anywhere but the delivery room! If you need to make calls, now is the time to make them." So, off we went to the beautiful huge delivery room, as Cameron was on the phone with my mom, his parents, and his brother Jason. Originally I didn't want the drugs, but I got them. I also wanted to wear my own clothes, but I wore the gown. Jason & Christy came down to the hospital, and spent the whole time with us.

Now, the time in the delivery room, was not fun. Ryder had turned around so I had to put a huge exercise ball between my legs and try to move him around. I was thirsty beyond belief but could only have a few ice chips. When I was finally able to lay down without the ball, all hell broke loose. Ryder and I weren't communicating very well. Rather, our hearts weren't communicating very well. His heart rate dropped WAY down. Half a dozen nurses come running in, doctor in tow, and start moving me around like I'm an Olympic gymnast. His heart goes back to normal. 3 minutes later, my heart rate goes crazy, up and down, like a roller coaster. They get me calmed down...dun dun dun guess what happens? Ryders heart rate goes down again. Same scenario, half a dozen nurses and doctors come in, position my bed so I'm doing a head stand. He returns to normal. They shove a paper in my face and tell me to sign it. They tell me to sign it because I have to have  a C-Section. They throw some plastic clothes to Cam, and tell him to get dressed.
Oh, and have I mentioned my water didn't even break yet?
So, 5 minutes later they're wheeling me down the hall. I used to have a picture that Christy took of Cameron before entering the doors, but alas I cannot find it for the life of me!
The entire time they were doing the C-Section, I was in complete shock. Shaking so much and hard that Cam had to hold me down, and at times my anesthesiologist had to help him. All the while, the two doctors doing the procedure were having a casual conversation. Not too happy about that. They finally got him out, they didn't show him to me, and I didn't hear him. Cam made the choice to stay with me, until I yelled at him to go see my son. I finally heard him cry, thank god!

Here is the 2nd picture ever taken of him, the first one showed his little peepee. :)
So while they're cleaning him up and whatnot, Cam is going back and forth between us, all while the anesthesiologist is holding me down.

So, they close me up, I have to listen to them count the thousand instruments before they wheel me to a room. Not my room, a special room, to make sure we're both ok. And we were! We go back to our room. I honestly don't remember much after that. I know that I was awake from 3 AM Sunday, and didn't go to sleep until Tuesday midmorning. I know that Jason and Christy were there, Jeff & Heather stopped by. Other than that, nothing. Except this.

My son. Ryder Jefferson Kimball. He was amazing. He, at ten minutes old, could focus on your face. Could look you in the eye. Unbeleivable.

And then the fun began.
We went home on Wednesday. Moving was not a fun aspect of life. I was on so many pain killers, I looked liked I belonged on Intervention. Cameron left us at home while he went to pick up my mom from the airport. There isn't a lot to talk about for the first month of his life. It was hard, it was tiring, Cam left for a festival not long after getting home from the hospital, breastfeeding was a battle, and BM's were next to impossible.
But this little angel...
was perfect. No kidding. He rarely cried, he loved being held and rocked, and was just all around happy. And even just a few days old, loved the camera. Look how he looks intently at it, like it's the best thing he's ever seen.
He was very social too. We had visitors, and he would just go to them and smile. Yes, my child smiled as a newborn. I'm telling you, he's special, you just don't know how special he is until you meet him.
Look at how he looks at his grandparents, and smiles, and knows that they love him with all they have.

On the 13th day of Ryder my true love gave to me......ultrasounds, dozens of doctors appointments, a scary birth experience and a baby shower!!
On the 12th day of Ryder my true love gave to me......Ryder!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is so freaking precious;) I LOVE it. Beautiful baby...:)


Please remember to leave a link to your blog/website!

***Take the Stars***