Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September!

Happy September everyone!!! This year is going by so fast! This month I have three things I'll be doing on the blog. First off,this month is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month. This is something important to me. Not because I know a kid(s) with cancer; I personally do not know anyone with cancer. My career and life goal, is to be a Pediatric Oncology Nurse. Everyone always asks "why?" Well, I'll answer that question later on in the month. For now, please just spread the word. I'll *try* to post a new fact every day this month!


Second, is the 30 days of truth. A lot of bloggers have been doing it, and so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. Also, I would like to do this because it seems like something good for me to do during this time in my life. It will ask me to really look at myself, and really evaluate things. I encourage all of you to join me in this challenge!!





The third thing going on is the Pen-to-Paper Challenge with Pear Tree Greetings. I am SO late getting this started! Sorry Christy!!!
Here is a little note from Christy over at Pear Tree Greetings about the challenge.


At Pear Tree, we believe in something greater than selling cards. We believe in the value of relationships and we know how much you value them, too, especially after seeing some of your posts with last month's note cards giveaway.

Paper is a form of connecting people, a great form, a real form. We know this because when we go to the mailbox, the first thing we open is the hand addressed envelope. Because inside waiting is a note card someone has taken the time to write especially for you.

So, we have a challenge for you, our Pearistas. Write a hand written note once a week for four weeks. There's so much to say. Say it's been too long to those who live long distance, write a note to one of your parents and tell them all those things you've been meaning to say but it's easier to write, or tell the people in your life you see every day and forget to express your appreciation for always being there for you. It doesn't take much, even just a simple hello in the form of a hand-written note will mean so much to the recipient!


So my first note has not been sent out yet, but has been written. It is to my friend that I've known since high school. We fall in and out of contact constantly throughout the years, but we are finally in a good little groove with keeping in contact. My note, though I will not say everything that was in it, was to just let her know that I love her, always will, and will always be there for her. 

The second note, is to my grandmother, who is going through a tough time with moving her mother in with her. It's been a long process for her, and I just wanted to tell her how much I love her, and how amazingly strong she is. I hope to be that strong some time in my life. 

Go check out the notecards at Pear Tree Greetings, they are amazing. The Pearistas that accepted this challenge were all given notecards, and let me tell you, they are amazing quality! 
Also, just for you, my wonderful readers, here is this months discount!
Throughout the month of August, enjoy 15% off anything and everything BABY! Birth Announcements, Baby Shower Invitations, Baptism Invitations and more!

Use code PEARAUG10. Shop Pear Tree Greetings' Baby Collection

And EXTRA SPECIAL! This week only!!!

This week only, save 10% on any $15 order using the code BUYNOW, then we'll send you an email with a 30% off coupon to use for your Christmas cardpurchase later this Fall!

Don't have a specific occasion to purchase now? How about stocking up on address labels or a set of personalized note cards? Just spend $15 using code BUYNOW to earn your 30% coupon.
So I know this post has been a jumble of different things, thank's for sticking with me! And thank you again, for sticking with me during this lack of post time. I *think* this month will go better, especially with all the different things I've got going on here. :) I may have a little gift for my readers later in the month...we shall see! 

1 comment:

  1. I am your newest follower. I hope you can follow me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/. Pediatric Oncology, whew, that is a tough ride. I am a nurse and I used to work Oncology and loved it, you get burnt fast. Praying that one day you will be able to accomplish that goal.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave a link to your blog/website!

***Take the Stars***