Friday, January 14, 2011

superman, batman...why are they all men?

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down.

Every little girl looks up to her daddy as the biggest hero that ever lived. I never knew my father--lets rephrase that--my biological father. I feel that he let me down in the worst way. He was never there for me. I don't even know what the man looks like. 
Last year, I decided I needed to find him. And I did, in under three days. I contacted him..he said he wanted to know me. He lied. Again. He stopped talking to me, stopped answering my emails. Yet again, let down by this man, who obviously doesn't give two flying fucks about me. Way to go Superman, way to go. 
But, my daddy makes it all better. This man has been my father my whole life. Even my sister was like "Yeah Ryder does kinda look like dad." Except that's not possible! Hah, that made everyone laugh. He has been there for me every step of my life; he still bails me out when I need it. I am so lucky to have him, and wouldn't trade him for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to leave a link to your blog/website!

***Take the Stars***