Monday, June 14, 2010

On the 1st day of Ryder...

my true love gave to me....a grown up baby, a trip to the zoo, play dates, a birthday party and the stomach flu.


My baby...my dear sweet baby grew up. He's a year old. What happened? Where did that year go? Everyone always says "cherish the moments when they're little because they grow up so fast." And it's true. I never knew a year could go by so quickly.
Look at him...so silly. So big.
There are no words to express the feeling of a child growing up. A year old? Really? It can't be possible. It was yesterday that I was holding him, looking at him thinking, he is SO tiny. How am I going to take care of him? I'm not a  mom, I'm a full time student, a full time worker, a partier, a selfish child. That's what I am. Not a  mother.
It all changed at 10:14 pm on June 14th 2009. My life became diapers, breastfeeding, pumping, crying, laughing, emotional roller coasters, diaper rash, sickness, playing, reading, etc.
And when I say roller coaster....I'm talking about this

There were times that I was ready to give up, times that I cried so hard and so long I thought I would run out of tears, times I laughed so hard I peed a little, times of an overwhelming feeling of joy, times that I wanted to run away screaming. Most of all, times I felt a love so strong I didn't think it was possible. 
This month we went to the zoo (see post here) and had two playdates. These were big deals for us because we never really took Ryder anywhere with other kids. He's very social, but we just never took him out. He had a lot of fun at all the places we went this month, and I love that he's such a good child. 
He's polite, he's social, he's happy, he's healthy. I did a good job I must say. :) 
He even went to his first farmers market with Taylor & Jenn.

We also had his first 1st birthday party at home in Arizona. (See post here). He is spoiled, and so he's getting another birthday party on Saturday with all his California family and friends!! It's going to be amazing, so keep on the lookout for that post in the near future.


I cannot believe it's been a year, yes I know I already said that, but I can't. It's too soon. He can't grow up yet. He just can't. I'm not ready.




I love you Ryder. You are my world. 



On the 13th day of Ryder my true love gave to me......ultrasounds, dozens of doctors appointments, a scary birth experience and a baby shower!!
On the 12th day of Ryder my true love gave to me......Ryder!
On the 11th day of Ryder my true love gave to me…funny faces and...nothing else. :) 
On the 10th day of Ryder my true love gave to me.... colic and poop problems.
On the 9th day of Ryder my true love gave to me....strong arms, a visit from Grandma and Grandpa K and a broken foot. 
On the 8th day of Ryder my true love gave to me....2 teeth, Halloween and first foods!!
On the 7th day of Ryder my true love gave to me....sweet potatoes, Thanksgiving and daddy time. 
On the 6th day of Ryder my true love gave to me....Christmas, a road trip and meeting a lot of family
On the 5th day of Ryder my true love gave to me....sitting up, 2 more teeth , zombie crawls, real crawls, standing up and super cuteness!!!
On the 4th day of Ryder my true love gave to me.....window eating, fun play time and surprise visitors!
On the 3rd day of Ryder my true love gave to me....a rash, a trip to San francisco and lots of smiles
On the 2nd day of Ryder my true love gave to me....family photos, adult food, and funny sleeping!!!
On the 1st day of Ryder my true love gave to me....a grown up baby, a trip to the zoo, play dates, a birthday party and the stomach flu.

4 comments:

  1. you baby is way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! Thanks for following!! I'm now following you too!! ;)

    Btw you kid is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following, please follow back :)
    http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave a link to your blog/website!

***Take the Stars***